1. The Master Homeschool Curriculum List COMPILED BY ONE OF MY FAVORITE BLOGS: Hip Homeschooling
2. Looking for local homeschool Resources for your state? Check out this amazing resource brought to you by the homeschool mom.
3. The Texas Homeschool Coalition assocations – requirements for home schools in Texas
4. STUDY POOL – Post Questions, Assignments & Papers. Get Answers from Premium Tutors.
5. LEARNING BIRD – ONLINE LESSONS THAT WORK… AT SCHOOL & AT HOME. Learning Bird provides an on-line library of resources for students, parents and teachers.
6. National Alliance of Secular Homeschoolers – N.A.S.H The National Alliance of Secular Homeschoolers (N.A.S.H.) provides motivation, encouragement, and support to families during their homeschooling journey. We view ourselves as partners with our members, our staff, and our community. Our mission is to promote and support secular homeschooling ~ through education, outreach, and advocacy ~ as a viable educational choice for families seeking individualized learning for their children.
8. EDUCATIONAL POSSIBLE – Creative, hands-on learning activities for middle school!
9. SECULAR HOMESCHOOL – SecularHomeschool.com was created to provide information, resources, and a place to share and connect with secular homeschoolers across the world. Secularhomeschool.com aims to be your one-stop shop for all things homeschool! We will be highlighting information about wonderful secular homeschool resources, and keeping you up to date with what is going on in the world of secular homeschooling. But that is only the beginning. Secularhomeschool.com is your playground. A place to share the things that are important to you. A place to create and join groups that share your interests. A place to give and get advice. There are no limits to what you can do at Secular Homeschool, so join today and help build the community you have always wanted.
10. T MICHELLE CANNON – HOMESCHOOLING HIGHSCHOOL – PINTEREST BOARD
11. Top Pinterest boards for Homeschooling High School
12. Nature.com – scitable – “Scitable is a free online teaching/learning portal combining high quality educational articles with technology-based community features to fuel a global exchange of scientific insights, teaching practices, and study resources. Scitable currently contains scientist-authored educational articles in the fields of genetics, cell biology and ecology, and is intended for undergraduate faculty and students. Short eBooks on basic science as well as scientific communication and careers help readers connect across disciplines and imagine a future of science participation. Scitable’s blog and forum network features a community of both students and professors connecting readers to science news topics, videos and podcasts. Since its initial launch, Scitable has grown to over one million registered users and over five million visits each year by students and faculty in more than 180 countries. Future plans involve extension of Scitable to other fields within the life sciences, as well as to other audiences.”
13. NETOKIDS.COM – NetoKids is a social network for homeschoolers, that offers an ideal combination of an innovative, appealing learning environment and a secure social network designed just for kids.NetoKids was designed with the world of homeschoolers in mind, where educational and social environments go hand in hand.NetoKids offers a comprehensive, appealing educational environment that encourages parents and kids to work together on projects and educational activities suited to our digital world. It promotes collaborative learning between kids and groups.NetoKids’s social network was designed especially for kids to stay in touch with their friends from their group and other groups and learn more about topics that interest them – in a natural, comfortable setting.
Parents also benefit from the social network by using it to communicate with other parents and to share lesson plans and ideas for social and educational activities with each other.
By combining these two environments, NetoKids offers an optimal solution for the homeschooling community. It provides kids with a safe online platform that they can use for fun and to stay informed on learning activities, while offering parents the opportunity to develop their relationships with their kids, share activities and assignments, and increase motivation.
NetoKids uses cloud technology to provide an innovative solution especially designed for homeschoolers, based on input received from them. The intuitive interface works on all devices and can be accessed from any location. NetoKids is updated automatically on a regular basis, making maintenance and development overhead unnecessary.
In addition, NetoKids adds a unique dimension to educational technology (ed-tech) solutions, creating an environment that kids and parents can learn, work on projects and assignments together, chat, share experiences, and discover a world of content designed just for them, while enjoying a social and educational experience.
NetoKids is committed to protecting children’s safety online. Users require an access in order to join the network and all activities are supervised by parents to keep them intimate and free of verbal violence, inappropriate content and advertising.
13. Oak Meadow
Oak Meadow was founded by a group of parents and teachers seeking to reignite their children’s spark for learning. Believing that children are sensitive and intelligent and that learning can be joyfully integrated into life, their approach was progressive, compassionate, and child-centered. (Read more about Oak Meadow’s founder and history.)
“Learning with Oak Meadow is like romping through a field of wildflowers instead of sitting at a stuffy old desk.” ~OM parent
These ideals hold true at Oak Meadow today. They are reflected in our intentionally designed curriculum and by our teachers and staff who are passionate about bringing learning to life and life to learning.
We are a fully accredited distance learning school that meets strict professional, academic standards.
Our curriculum is print-based by design to reinforce solid reading comprehension and study skills. Technology is thoughtfully integrated through the grade levels.
Our distinguished faculty meets regularly to discuss student progress, develop new courses, and explore current issues and trends in distance learning.
Friendly, experienced educational counselors support your homeschooling journey every step of the way, whether you are enrolled or use the curriculum on your own.
Since 1975, tens of thousands of families have used Oak Meadow. Our curriculum has been used in 39 states and 36 countries, and up to 600 students enroll each year.